Monday, March 12, 2012

Shopping, shopping and more shopping

Today there are really no photos.  We just shopped and didn't get any photos.  It was a great day if you like that kind of thing.  Scott is probably really happy we saved this until after he left.  There is one highlight of the day and that is Katy told me she loved me all on her own.  She walked up to me, squeezed my hand, nuzzled into me and told me that she loved me.  It was wonderful.  Also I think I might have said how she seems to know alot of English.  I began quizzing her today on reading English.  I started with simple 3 letter words and went all the way up to the word rabbit.  She just read it without sounding anything out.  I know for most of you that means very little but for this mama and those at the schools our kids attend know this is huge.  We currently have 3, now 4 children that are working like crazy learning how to read.  This would be one of our biggest struggles with our adopted kids.  It is just a breath of fresh air to know that she has a huge head start on reading English.  Sorry that this is lacking in excitement but by this time of the trip we are just tired of posing for and taking pictures.  I will put some of our kids back at home.
Scott is really having a hard time at home with the kids. He doesn't look so well and Sam has really changed.


The welcoming crew for Scott

It is beautiful weather in Denver

No comments:

Post a Comment