Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Adoption complete!

Today was our final appointment which was the US Consulate.  We finalized all of Katy's immigration paperwork and now she will get her visa to come to the US.  As soon as she touches down in the US she will automatically become a US citizen.  We are way ready to be coming home.  Well I am anyway.  Leah is still enjoying it all so that makes me enjoy it also.  Not much went on today other than a little more eating and shopping.  We have really enjoyed a very nice family that adopted the 14 year old girl.  They have kind of taken us in and have become great friends.  I think this will be my last post in China. I will look forward to updating you after we are joined together as one big family.  Thank you all for your prayers and support during this whole process.  It has been great and now I am ready to move forward as a family of 11.  I can't believe that is the size of my family!  Oh my goodness.  Maybe just keep on praying for us..........

2 comments:

  1. Eleven is a very nice number! Hope the trip home is a good one and you are able to get some rest. Can't wait to hear how Katy takes to the whole family and a new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! So happy for you friend!....and your post before this one totally got me teary. I also can't imagine having walked these roads without supportive friends. So yes! Yes you get the Oscar for greatest acceptance speech. Sniff-cry-sob-sob

    PS: 11 is great but I've always been a fan of even numbers myself..... :)

    ReplyDelete