Thursday, March 8, 2012

Foster Home visit

We had a wonderful visit today with Katy's foster family.  They are really nice people.  The boys in the home were so excited to see us.  There are about 10 living in the family.  They served us tea and walked us through the house.  Sweet little boys who need families.  We were very sad to leave them.  They deserve a family to love them and care for them.  Let me know if you have an extra bed in your house and and little love to give and I can hook you up in a second.  I promise you will never be the same again and they for sure won't.  We later were able to have lunch with the family and the orphanage social workers. It was very interesting.  The pink chicken with the head or the chicken feet Katy was chowing down on about did us all in.  I was happy when the experience was over.  If you know us you know that we are just a little squeamish about strange food.  We came home tonight and had a good hamburger and fries from McDonalds.  I know.  We are a little disturbing.

Katy had a moment in the car traveling to the Foster Home where she sat in the floor with tears rolling out of her eyes.  My heart was so sad for her.  Who knows the emotions she was feeling.  Sweet girl.  We did learn more about her early days and were able to see pictures of her as a baby and about 2 yrs old.  It was a full day for all of us.  I will try and fill in more details tomorrow.

http://gallery.me.com/scottwendi/100565

No comments:

Post a Comment