Saturday, March 10, 2012

Back in Denver

Well, it was a long 22 hrs traveling alone. However, it was smooth and light. Just me to get through security each time. I constantly felt like I was forgetting something or someone. Lots of time to reflect, and be so thankful for my family and the love they bring to me. Also time to be thankful to God for all his great and wonderful blessings, and for Him adopting me! The similarities are incredible, though it's really no sacrifice for us to adopt, like it was for Jesus to give his life for me/us. All that we have in the Smith family is now Katy's. All of it. And it isn't because of who Katy is or what she has or hasn't done. It's because we chose her to love...and God did the same for us! We didn't earn His love, He choose to give it to us. And to adopt us as His own so we could spend forever with Him. How great is that!

I did want to say something about money. Yes, that stuff we try to hold on to like it can buy health or happiness or something. The fees due in China have to be paid in cash. And to exchange the money, we have to carry new, uncirculated US dollars. It's amazing how small you can make uncirculated $100 bills. All those briefcases filled with money you see on TV must be millions. Anyway, as I sat in the Chinese bank watching them double and triple count the USD and run it thru anti counterfeit machines....I did momentarily think what I could purchase with that...a new couch (ours has duck tape!), new carpet....some gadget...then i knew....I really knew that there was nothing more on earth I'd rather see money go to than to give a child a family....and how exciting for us....it is our family! I share this in case anyone reading this blog is interested in adopting. I've never regretted it one bit. Not once. And I'm the one who usually gets sick over any purchase greater than $500!! I seriously doubt you would either. Love you girls in China! Counting the days until your return! Scott

2 comments:

  1. Love this, Wendi. The analogy of our adoption through God and our children's adoption is so amazingly true. Also, the $$$. So true!!

    God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Scott! I always imagine that I can approach the gates of Heaven pulling my large new boat I coulda bought or I can approach with the least of these that we chose, by His grace, to step out and make part of our family. I'm pretty sure God won't be impressed with my boat and I'm equally sure I would feel like a total tool standing there holding the line to said boat. Give me a child to love anyday over any other thing HIS money can buy. Love your heart, love your family, love that sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete