Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year to everyone!   We are off to a good start so far.  School is starting back on Wed. and everyone is worried about how they will wake up that early.  I am the most worried.  I have taken full advantage of my time to sleep.  Josh is back in Fl. and we are all missing him so much.  Now we look forward to getting everything ready to bring Katy home.  We received our immigration approval on the 16th and now wait for the next couple of approvals before we travel.  It is looking like some time in March.  We received some new photos of Katy today from my friend, Beth.  She traveled before Christmas to bring home her son.  We were able to send a gift with her for Katy.  The photos have her getting her gift.  Beth said that when the children asked her if it was from her mama....she said no, her mama and baba(daddy).  That made Scott a very happy daddy.  Since we last saw pictures of her they have cut her hair very short.  The girls and I can't wait to introduce her into the world of girly things.  It should be fun.  I'll let you know how that goes.  If there is something we have learned especially with the older child adoption is they come with their personality pretty set.  They can be very set in some of their ways.  It has taken me many arguments with Samuel to convince him to at least try something that he thinks he doesn't like.  Whether it be food or an activity.  This is an area that I can be very patient and understanding or just flat out no patience what so ever.  Samuel thinks he is going to teach her everything she needs to know and then some so I can't wait to see how this will work out for her.  If she is easy going then great.  If she is the least bit stubborn....well not so much.  I bet you can't wait to watch this drama unfold?



These boys still need families.  Evan(in orange) was adopted and is returning to say goodbye.  He is the only one who looks happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment