Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Levi is officially ours!

Today was the day that we signed everything to make Levi our son forever.  He also had to accept us as his forever family.  Now just think about that.  Would you have the courage to leave everything you have ever known behind and go with a strange looking couple.  Now we may be pretty nice people but I am pretty certain I would not commit myself to US after just 24 hours.  When he bravely walked towards us yesterday and then again signed his name today he agreed to leave it all and take a chance on what everyone has told him will be the best thing for him.  It will be a tough road for him.  The language is so hard and the sounds that we use to speak aren't all so easy for him.  As I sat down with him today just to see exactly how much he might know about basic letter recognition I was so overwhelmed for him on how much he is going to have to learn and take in.  It will come and thankfully he doesn't seem to know at this point how difficult it will all be.  What he does seem to know is that he belongs to us and he welcomes that.  I look at him and my heart just melts with love for this precious little boy.  Everything just feels so right about him being with us.  God has worked a beautiful miracle and I am so honored to be a part of it.

We had a fairly relaxing slow day.  So slow that all we want to do is sleep.  The jet lag hasn't been too bad but we just feel drained.  We did spend a couple of hours at the pool.  Levi had told us he liked to swim or really just be in the water.  He jumped right in and did pretty well swimming to Scott.  He and DonLi played together the whole time.  They really get along well.  DonLi is so patient and kind to him.  There is no need for language when you are playing.  He has been fairly quiet today with fewer words than yesterday.  If you could just continue to pray for peace for him.  I know he probably is having all kinds of emotions that he can't express and would be too afraid of even if he could tell us.

God is so good to us.  He lead us on this wonderful journey.  Along the way we are able to encourage and build up others that adopt around us like that young family we met yesterday with the little girl who didn't want to come to them and was crying her eyes out.  The mother sat there in distress.  I read her mind.  She was wondering if this little girl would ever love them or be happy.  I went straight up to her and looked her in the eyes and said "it is all going to be ok.  It will be hard and that is to be expected.  Your daughter is acting very normal for what is happening to her."  This morning when we saw each other again she came right over to me and thanked me for my words yesterday.  I loved being able to do that for her.  I love all of this.  I guess that is why we are in China for the 6th time.  I am grateful and thankful.

One other thing that Levi did today was play ping pong.  He is very good ping pong player.  It was really fun to see Scott, Levi, DonLi and another older boy being adopted play and have such a fun time together.  Heart warming for sure.



No comments:

Post a Comment